Friday, November 14, 2008

Robot Catapults

Last time we scrapped the robots and started with a new design, the Catapult robot. I've decided that we will have the robot move forwards one meter and then throw a ping-pong ball at a target. Next week we will work on programming and testing out your robot designs. The robots that are finished are looking good and I look forwards to seeing them work. I do think that we will have to add a 'stop bar' so that the ball gets thrown by the arm but we will see how they work so far.
How did you design your robot? What do you think your biggest problem will be?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mty biggest prolem was putting the robot together alot of tires were used................

Anonymous said...

making it hit the ping-pong ball

Anonymous said...

My biggest problem will be making the catapolt, I wouldn't know how to make on. I would maybe have to work on it for like two weeks. To get the catapolt workking. But I think it will be easy, to make the catapolt.

Anonymous said...

I just left it the way it was. The biggest problem will be to make sure the ping-pong ball doesn't fall out of the Catapult.

Anonymous said...

The hard thing was it build the catpolt. IT was hard to choce what desing to do.

Anonymous said...

its cool that we are going to be making our robots throw a pingpaal ball because its going to be lots of fun but hard because its going to be hard to make it go to the right target but building them is kinda of hard becuase he have to make them string casue wen we make them throw the ball it wont brake into peices and we have to build it again

Anonymous said...

The catapults is very interesting but is easy and is like kind of a very easy part and in my opinion we can do like a hard program, more better like using more parts and creating a better robots.

Anonymous said...

I thought that the robot that we were trying to progrsm was cool because ii think it would be cool to see a robot throw a ping-pong i like the sumo races it was fun too even though i didnt get the chocolate bar!:)

Anonymous said...

I thing one problem will be . How to make the robot make it hit the target.A other thing is how to make the arm . It might be hard.

Anonymous said...

well we mad a peas that mackes the robot to lanch the pingpongball.i think the biges problon is if it brakes and we loose.

Anonymous said...

the other day me and my parner bulid a robats we bulid super cool capapult we desind it and it was so cool becuse put a loy of stuff and i cant wait intl it is all done becuse want to see wat it is going to look at and wat is it gonig to do

Anonymous said...

the hardest thing will be to make the robot hirt the pig pog

Anonymous said...

I thing that my robot it's going to be cool I don't think anything will fall out when I'll let go off the pingball and i also think that it's gooing to be fun.

Anonymous said...

To day I was doing bilte a catllp. I am seel working on it but it is so cool and osum but. I am doing good on it I seel cied hord but. I am omust dune that what. I did to day

Anonymous said...

gracias por todo lo que dicescse que lo dice para que todos aprendamos mas se lo agladesco mucho por todo lo que trata de hacer a mi me gustaria aprender de los robots gracias por todo que trata de hacer.

Anonymous said...

I used other pieces to mack a thing to hold the ball and fallowed the directions. my biggest problem is mackeing sure that the ball will stay in the thing I maded and macking sure that the robot is progrhgmed right.

Anonymous said...

I like how we make the catapults probably is a interesting part and we finished the 9 weaks with catapults and then we move to art