Friday, January 9, 2009

A New Semester, Once Again

Since its a new semester that means that we have a new crop of students in robotics. So its time to give you an idea of what we are going to do this semester.
First, we are going to Adobe Photoshop (we used that a lot last year), but this year we are going to do a project that changes your photograph in a different way so that even though you start with the same picture, each of the nine pictures looks different. No, we are not doing anything like the Cartoon Alien project.
Then we move to using the Palm TX's like what the AVID students use. We do some basic introduction to Palms and investigate some of the programs.
Finally, we move to the Lego Robotics kits. You will learn to build, program, and modify a robot. We start out with some basic programming tasks, teach you how to use the sensors, have a contest to build a robotic race car, and then we go through a series of challenges to see if you can figure out how to make and program a robot to do a task without me giving you the instructions.
What do you think you will like the best?

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thnk that all of that stoff was cool. it mite be fun bilding robots. and will have fun..........

Anonymous said...

megusta esta clase porke estamos
enla computadora toda laora y
nos ensenan a escribir rapido
tambien porke asemos robots

Anonymous said...

i would like th science. and the studenc. but not to

Anonymous said...

me a gustado estar en la computadora toda una hora y nos ensenan a escribir mas rapido tambien me gustaria aprender a ser un robo.

Anonymous said...

esta calse me gusto porque osea podemos aprender mas sobre las computadoras y como entrar a doferentes partes y escribir mas rapido.
lo que me gusta es que el profe es muy suave porque tambien tiene mucha paciencia.

Anonymous said...

pues esta clase me gusto porque nose ensellan lo que no sabemos y no disen lo que esta mal y lo que no debemos aser.

Anonymous said...

So far I'd enjoyed T-master lessons. I am ready to learn about the nine faces. I think working with Robotics is going to be fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to work on the lego robotics kit.I wold like to work on the robots because i never done one.I would like to make a car and lpay with it.And i thought it would be fun to make a robot for once.Thats why i chose this activite.

Anonymous said...

a my lo que me gusto de esta clase los robots por que es divertido y el maestro nos esta ensenando a escrivir en la computadora.

Anonymous said...

como esta mrs.geasland a mi me gusta esta clase porque aprendo a escribir rapido aprendo cosas que yo no sabia y estoy agradesida por usted tankou mrs.geasland

Anonymous said...

esta muy hinteresante y dibertida y nos ayuda a poder hescriber mejor en la conputadora.

Anonymous said...

I like to do the Adobe Photoshop. I think it would be so cool if i know how to do that. I also like to learn how to build, program and modify a robotic. roboes are cool.

Anonymous said...

Me gustan los tres pero las que mas me gustan son el del robot y el de el pam me encanta .Mi hermano tiene uno y mi hermana tambien si te digo la verdad lo are con mucho gusto.

Anonymous said...

MY TEACHER NAME IS MR.GEASLAND
IN I WOULD LIKE US STUDENTS TO USE
THE PUMS BECUSE WE CAN LEARN BETTER
ON THEM IN WE CAN LEARN HOW TO TYPE
MORE FASTER IN EASYER.
WE CAN TAKE THEM HOME IF WE EVER
NEED TO DO HOMEWORK. IN THATS WHAT
I THINK THAT SHOULD BE CHANGED IN ROOM E9.

Anonymous said...

toi thich hoc chuong trinh Adobe Photoshop .Boi vi no la mot chuong trinh hoc rat hay.toi thich hoc chuong trinh Lego Robotics .boi vi chuong trinh giup toi co the hieu them ve cach sang tao robot.

Anonymous said...

Im not sure what I think my brother says its bad but so far its ok this might be good

Anonymous said...

i think that i would like to build the robot car i think it would be very fun and a good way to befriend your partner.

Anonymous said...

I think i whoud like the race car robot.

Anonymous said...

I think i will like using the palm TX's.I would also like to build a race car for the contest.I would like to use the palm TX's because they look cool to use.

Anonymous said...

I think i will like more doing the robots. I will also like the race car contest. I will like to use the palm TX's because they look intresting.

Anonymous said...

i liked the pictures. teaching filters and they are fun

Anonymous said...

Me gusto de la clase de Mr. Geaslead porke construyenmos robots y tambien me gusto los afotos que nos canbian las caras.

Anonymous said...

i would like to do the lego robotics kits because its cool.

Anonymous said...

I think bilding robots will be fun and i will get to show other people.

Anonymous said...

I think i will like the best is using the palms. And also making robots do what you want them to do. Thats what I think I would like about this semester