Friday, January 19, 2007

Welcome to the Class Blog

Now that you have all had time to get comfortable with the way we do things in class I would like some feedback on what we are doing. To help you remember what we've done here is the list.
1. Typing Master
2. Class Expectations
3. Computer Usage Agreement
4. Using the Class website
5. Adobe Photoshop
6. Using the Web Camera
7. Using the Palm T|X
Feel free to comment on any or all of these topics in your comment. If you didn't like something tell me, if you liked something tell me. I just ask you remember two things. Follow the Blogging Do's and Don'ts and don't forget to tell me why you did or didn't like it.

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don’t really like adobe photo shop because its not that fun, and the assignments are boring.

Anonymous said...

I like it wken we were using the palms to have fun. what I whant to do is to build those LEGO robots and battle with them. The last thing I want to do is to make video with the computer. I like to have more fun activity and less work.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr.Geasland,


There are a lot of things that I like about being in 7th hour with you. I really like that you gave us a chance to use the webcams. But what I don’t like is that not all the computers have one. This means not all the student’s get a fair chance to use them. I know there is something that we can do about this problem. Another reason that I like your class is because we have a chance to use the Palm TX’s.

Anonymous said...

I like when we come to class and we go on tmaster.But the thing I dont like is that we have to take cornell notes.

Anonymous said...

Hi of all the things we did in this class. I liked using adobe photo shop. Because when you use the tools it looks fun. Like messing with your photo. The one thing I don’t like is typing master, because it gets really boring sometimes. You keep typing and typing. I do know it will help me a lot but it just gets boring. When you keep doing it for awhile.

Anonymous said...

I like how we were messing around with the palms. But the thing i didnt like about this class is when we had to go to photo shop & work their.

Anonymous said...

I DONT REALY LIKE TYPING MASTER BECAUSE WE TAKE TO LONG DOING IT.....SOMETIMES THE COURSES TAKE TO LONG....THE BUBBLE GAME IS KINDA NOT THAT FUN TO PLAY,BUT THATS THE FUNNEST THING TO DO OUT OF ALL THE WORD DRILLS.....I ALSO LIKE USING THE PALM CAUSE THERE EASY TO USE.....I ALSO SOMETIMES GET BORED JUST DOING THE WORD DRILL....

Anonymous said...

I dont like typing master becase sometimes you fail the corse.I like using the palm because there easy to use.I also like using the word drill in typing master.I also like to like playing the bubble game in typing master.

Anonymous said...

Dear, Mr.Geasland
One thing I did not like was the web cam it would be better if we were able to take pictures of other people because maybe some people don’t like to be in front of the camera well I know I don’t. One thing I do like is the typing master because we get to listen to music while we do the typing. It makes it really fun and it is not fun to just sit there a hole hour and just work and work. Some other things I liked is the adobe photo shop but you could let us take pictures of other people not just ourselves. So we can edit those because maybe we get tired of everything being about ourselves in school it gets boring. I did not like the rules because there were so many notes to take it got boring. I hope we do not how to do that all semester. If we do I probably ask for a schedule change because I have done that so much this year that it gets boring .why do we have to take so many notes any way?

Anonymous said...

I like when we do tmaster. Then when wher doen I hat to do what ever is next. But if it is the palm I like using it.Then if he gives us a hard work I triy my best.When I dont now a ask for help.Then if it some thing easy I can do it dy my self.Then when wher doen we get to play games.But I do tmaster in stad for I can get doen faster then other people.Then when I get doen I whont have to do tmaster no more.Then I will get to serf in the enternet.Then on the fridayes we wriht a comment.

Anonymous said...

I haven’t been here except for one class. So my thoughts will be most likely be limited. So far I have used Tmaster. It is okay but it could use improvements. I have also been here to learn the classroom expectations. Which are pretty easy to understand.

Anonymous said...

I like every we did so far except tmaster. I really like the palms. This is a good class. You’re a cool teacher. I like playing with the camera.

Anonymous said...

The stuff that I liked was the taking pictures with the camera. But a lot of the stuff I did not like was the taking notes. But I think we need to do Power Points, instead of other stuff. That would be better to do.

Anonymous said...

I like my seventh grade computer class. My favorite thing in computers is the palms because it is fun. I like the Adobe Photoshop but it was kind of hard to do the lasso part of the assignment. I like typing master but it gets hard towards the end of the lesson. I am sort of looking forward to building the robots and making movies but I am not really a robotics person. Bye!!

Anonymous said...

In Mr.Geasland class I like most of the activities we did. One of the activity I don’t like is Typing Master. It’s very boring, but we get to listen to music while typing. The Adobe shop is pretty interesting; we can make the picture look weird if we want to. When using the Palm it was fun because we can play games or listen to music. I hope we get to build a Logo robot soon.

Anonymous said...

I like the palms for when you get to beam,but that is all you can do. the web won't let you go to any sites and it allways goes to the Sentain Stop spot. It is fun to use it but there is no privileges.

Anonymous said...

I really don’t like to do Typing Master it gets boring after a while. We take TOO long on it and typing over and over the same thing is boring. The Abode Photoshop sometimes it’s boring but it depends on what we are doing, like when we were cutting out our photos it was boring but creating the background was alright. But the thing I really can’t wait for is to build the Lego robots. I have no idea how to build one or if I’m even good at it. Another thing that I like is working on the palms. But the giraffe game got really boring after playing it for ten minutes.

Anonymous said...

tmaster is not that fun.We need to do cool things on the computer.Like make robots and other cool things.play games one day/free time.....BALLIN!!!

Anonymous said...

I like this class because we get to use palms. It’s cool how we don’t do as many boring things on the computer. I think it’s very boring when we have to do Typing Master. I would like to build robots in this class before the end of the school year is over.
Aka,
Baybi Gurl

Anonymous said...

Well so far I liked what we have been doing. The only thing I kind of don’t like is typing master. That’s because the last task is kind of hard and if we don’t pass it than we nee to restart it again. But the rest is okay. I hope that we can do cool stuff for the rest of the semester.

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of things I like about your class. My favorite part of your class is getting to use the palms. Typing master is ok but it gets boring after awhile. I don’t have a favorite project get because we haven’t really done anything yet.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr.

Your class is alright, but at the same time it’s kind of boring.
I have fun sometimes, but not most of the time. When we
get to listen to music while were doing our work I think its pretty cool.
I don’t really like the palms because you can hardly do anything.
You can’t really surf on them and to download you have to ask the teacher.

Anonymous said...

The thing I don’t like about this class is that we have to do Typing Master. It is boring just typing over and over again the same things. Another thing that I don’t like is the Adobe Photoshop. It is not that fun cutting out the picture. But making the background was alright. I like to do work on the palms but the game giraffe gets boring after the first ten minutes. But the thing I really want to do is make the Lego robot.

Anonymous said...

I really liked that you let us use the palms TX they were fun. The thing I didn’t like is typing Master it is kind of boring because we take a long time, and if we don’t pass the test we have to take it over and over until we pass it. The photo shop was cool, but the place were we got the background was kind of boring. I think that Blog is a good idea so you know what we like and dislike about the things we do in your class. On the palm TX I liked the game about the giraffe.

Anonymous said...

What’s up well the thing that I do not like about the palms
is that you can not download. Any thing you have to write
it down on a paper then give it to the teacher then he will
download it then will beam it to me. The bad thing is tmaster
I do not like tmaster it takes to much time, and your hands start
to hurt after a while.
($$Locuz$$)

Anonymous said...

Mr.geasland:
Will I don’t like tmaster because why do need to learn typing. If you don’t want to become a typists cz it boring. Then I wish we can do fun stuff the rest of the semester.

Anonymous said...

i like this class cuz we get to use the palms and get to do typing master.typing master helps me get use to were the letters are,and I can type faster now.I also like adobe cuz u can mess up the picures that u can take.i realy like this class alout.

Anonymous said...

well i like this class overall, but i dnt like tmaster it drives me nuts other than that i really like your class tmaster has hellped me type faster thoughbut i guess thats wat it is 4 =)

Anonymous said...

Well, I really like typing master, because I, myself would like to work with computers when I get older. I didn't like the camera project, it just wasn't that fun. But other than that I like this class, and all that we do.

Anonymous said...

What I like computer class is that we get to use the palms. I also like typing master because it teaches me how to type without looking at the keyboard and improves my typing skills. I also like when we used the web cams that was cool! because we got to put our picture behind a frame that we liked at Adobe Photoshop. I also like when we listen to music while were on typing master but sometimes it can get a little distracting. What I don’t like about the palms is that I don’t know how to download the games that I want. The other thing that I don’t like is that the time on typing master goes a little to fast especially on the lesson exam.

Anonymous said...

I will prepare for my presentation by making sure that it is finished and there are no mistakes, also that I tried my absolute hardest. I will make sure that I am satisfied with my own work. I am nervous about presenting my slide because I am afraid that people might judge or criticize my work. I am also a little nervous of the

Anonymous said...

I think a digital radio is better than a regular radio because it breaks the transmissions in to codes. While regular radios they don’t that make the transmission crackle, hiss or skip. On both radios they beam messages or transmissions like on the palms. That is why digital radios are better than regular radios.

Anonymous said...

i like to surf the web on the first week of school. ilike to listen to music on the first week.let us get on the palm. well it would be cool if you let us take the palms home.

Anonymous said...

I dont like Typing Master because it is a wast of time. We should do typing master onecs a week.The rest of the days we should use the palms to do diffrent projects

Anonymous said...

ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL WE SOULD BE ABLE TO GO ON THE INTERNET AND LISTEN TO MUSIC AND GO ON THE PALMS.

Anonymous said...

Well I think robots are importante couse then how would do ur chores. I also think robots should do harm when u want them to.I think they should obey everything u say.Robats should protect them self.

Anonymous said...

Dear mr.geasland,

I am really happy of being in your class. we have done a lot of interesting things. sofar i have liked everthing we have done. i hope we do more interesting things in the future.

i havent had eny problems but i would like to do more things that are fun.