Friday, February 2, 2007
Presentation Fears
The project you are working on ends up with an oral presentation. Many, if not all, students don't like giving oral presentations because they fear getting up in front of their peers. This is normal, and it happens to adults also, even teachers. Even seasoned professional presenters that do it on a day-to-day basis will get butterflies just before they start. Two things help reduce the fear; experience and preparation. Experience is doing presentations before, hopefully successfully. Preparation on the other hand can be done by everyone. What do you do to prepare for a presentation? What is it that makes you nervous about doing presentations?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
When preparing for an oral presentation, I don’t really worry about what I am going to say. I try not to think about it. I think that the more you think about what your going to do the worse it gets. I get nervous before a presentation, but I try not to look at everybody when I’m up their. The thing that makes me nervous is the thought of messing up.
I don’t like to give oral presentations because it is sometimes really embarrassing. When I give presentations I get nervous. Then sometimes I might forget what to say. One thing I can do is to be prepared when its time to give my presentation.
I do not like the fact that you have to do a presentation. This is beacause their is the looming fact of it will be embarrasing if you mess up. Then their is all the preping you must do. Which is why I then have to study and take in alot of information. So then you use up all of your time on some presentation. That is why I try to do a good job and get things done quikly
I DONT MIND DOING ALL THE TYPING. ITS STARTING TO ANOY ME THOGH I CANT TYPE FAST NO MORE.I GET NEVES BEFOR I START RIGHTING.I DOND MIND DOING PRESANTATIONS AND I WILL BE A LITTLE NERVES WEN ITS MY TURN TO SHOW MINES.BUT I STILL LIKE THIS CLASS I JUST HATE TAKING NOTES ON PAPER.
I get nervioase because I dont like to do oral presintation's in front of everyone. I sometimes get nervioase because I forget what I want to say to the rest of the class. I think that I should write my presintation on a sheet of paper and go over it as much times as I can so that I can remember my presintation. It will be much easier after Ican remember it and say to the rest of the class.
What I do to prepare for a presentation is perform one in front of people I know. Or just get ready for it. And not be nervous. What make me nervous are most people looking at my project or me. Also presenting it because the teacher’s going to expect something good because it’s a presentation. Also another reason is I might not know what to say if I get to nervous. Last is if I made a mistake doing the presentation, it could be embarrassing.
That if you finch all you'r work that you don't need to do no more. But if the techer give you more you have to do it. When we are doen we can to go to typing master. I think that typing master is fun because it makes you'r arm's move fast.Then some times he lates us go to the Internet so we can play games.
To prepare for a presentation I would first scan at my presentation and look for any error. I would be calm and not letting others interfere with the way I present. I will make sure I am prepared for the presentation. Also I will make sure that I have all my slides finished and ready to show. It makes me nervous that people will criticize the way I do my presentation. It also makes me nervous when people or the teacher don’t approve of it, for no reason. Other wise I’m cool.
to prepare for my presentation I would practice the way I say it and the way I show it. The main reasons people get nervous is the are afriad they will look stupid or make a fool of them self.
Since I really don’t like to present I try my best to avoid it. If the teacher sometimes tells us to raise our hand to present I never do. The teacher eventually will call on me but when I’m up there I’m so nervous. On a day that I really have to present for a grade I practice over and over. The thing that gets me so nervous about presenting is all the people looking at me. Wondering if they are going to laugh or just fall asleep of boredom. I make better presentations when it’s a little class. But still I hate giving presentations in front of people.
It is good to have fearness or be shy when you’re giving a presentation in front of your peers. It can be normal to have this feeling. It can also happen to adults. If you do get these feelings just act like you’re reading it to yourself.
I do not like giving presentations because, I am curious about what people think about the presentation. While you are giving a presentation do you feel nervous, embarrassed, and shy When am giving a presentation I try to think about something funny. You should try to think about something cool or funny while giving a presentation.
I don’t like doing presentations because you have to stand up behind the teachers desk and do your presentation sometimes when you make a mistake they start criticizing you. I don’t like presentations because when I’m to nervous I might say something wrong and they start giggling and I get even more nervous.When im really nervous I prepare by taking deap breathes and take advice from my sister.
Cuando voy a presentar un trabajo me pongo nerviosa, tambien cuando no se de que se trata siento que lo voy a hacer todo mal. Cuando lo hago con otra persona pues me siento mas apoyada y a si puedo hacer mi trabajo. Cuando me pregunta algo el maestro o me dice algo ha veces no le entiendo y me pongo nerviosa. Cuando me ayuda otra persona con el Ingles me siento apoyada.
Some people don’t like doing presentations some people do. For me its kind of fun but some times I don’t want to present a presentation but if I have to I will. But once you get up there it will be easy. You have to remember to speak loud and not to read right off the screen
GOOD LUCK!
I think that in the future technology will get better and better. I think that things will get smaller than they are right now. Three things that I think will change in technology is: There will be human looking robots, cell phones will the smallest they have ever been, I also think that computers will be very small and on everything
do you have one of those times where you are nervese and you dont want to embares your self and that is bad beacause people might make fun of you.so just stand up and say it loud and that is how you overcome your fears of speeking.
I think people get nervous because they wonder wat other peoplz wil thnk i have extreme stage fright i practiclly melt while imz on stage.
to over come your fears you must speak loud so every one can hear you. when ever you are giving your power point you must stand up and face the adience.
People are scared because they have to be in front of everybody and talk without looking at the computer screen......!
I think i can practice by talking infront of a bunch of people before the oral presentation.Sometimes people laugh if you make a mistake so that makes it cary,because its scary that you might mess up & everyone will laugh at you.
Post a Comment