Friday, February 20, 2009

Robots, Robots, Robots

Finally, we are on robots!
Doing the robot assignments can be hard at the start. You have to have two separate programs open. You have to build the robot. You have to figure out how to program the robot. You have to work as a team to get the job done. (I always found this last one to be the hardest when I was in school. I always wanted to do it myself so it was done right.)
Most of you are probably going to have problems programming the robot. You need to actually think of it as learning a new language, because that is what it really is. You have to learn to talk to the robot because it doesn't speak English. Each icon that you program with stands for a word or phrase, like Stop, or Motor A runs forward. If you make an effort to learn the meaning of the icons, programming becomes a lot easier.
What do you find difficult to do in the robotics unit so far? What do you think you could do (or I could do) that would help make it easier?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like doing robs. it is prety cool the stuff we do is kind of tite

Anonymous said...

what eva you do to make it easy
for the students do that sir....

Anonymous said...

working with Modifiers and Loops was a big challenge for me! I'm learning alot on how to make my robot do different things. I like your class Mr. Geasland !!!

Anonymous said...

oye estubimos trabajando con los robotics y con los motors y tambien estubimos trabajando con tmaster.

Anonymous said...

A mi me gusto de cuando formamos los Robots y de cuando los cargamos fue muy lindo para mi.

Anonymous said...

programming the robot is difficult to me. it take a lot of time for me to figure the way to do it. Like you said, may be i need to learn the robot's language.

Anonymous said...

esta semana me gusto rorque hisimos los robots y tambien tmaster

Anonymous said...

He estado aciendo robots pero acostado .A abido beces que no he podido hacerlo pero el profesor me ayudo. He dado tiempos y motores.

Anonymous said...

esta semana me gusto por que isimos
robots tambien usamos palm tambien
tubimos que ponerle cosas me diverti

Anonymous said...

A my me gusta de la classe que estamos asiendo un rovot y lo estamos programando para que ruede .

Anonymous said...

this grogram is difficult to me. I want people to help me understand and know about the grogram. because,I want to know how to grograming a robot.

Anonymous said...

Esta semana pude trabajar en Forward, Forward-Reverse and Point Turns; me gusta mucho trabajar con robotics.

Thank you Mr Geasland !!!

Anonymous said...

I think that the most hardest was puting the programing thing to the robots. I can help my self by studing more the programing thing for the robots

Anonymous said...

it would be easy if my partner wouldednt try to do everything him self

Anonymous said...

I think that the hartest was to program the robot. I think you could help us by helping us more. I like to build robots.

Anonymous said...

Well what i fine difficult about the robots are that my partner is not helping me. I think you can gelp me by talking to him.

Anonymous said...

THE PROGRAMATION WAS THE MOST DIFFICULT FOR ME.THAT DONT USE THE PROGRAMS BECAUSE ITS BETTER MAKE OUR PROGRAMS.

Anonymous said...

Se me ase difisil construir los robots porqe me toma mucho tienpo.