Friday, March 27, 2009

The Big Race

Recently you have been working on the Investigations in Robotics Explorer. We are doing to different investigations. The first, where you experiment with different gear ratios to find out how changing the gears affects your Carbot. Second, you experiment with different wheel types to see how they change the performance of your Carbot. All of this is to help you become familiar with how your Carbot can be set up, either for speed or other types of performance.
After you are done with the investigations, we will have a double elimination race tournament. You get to set up the Carbot anyway you want to race from the starting line across the room.
Winners compete against winners, losers go to the loser bracket. Lose twice and you're out of the competition.
How do you think you will set up your Carbot? What do you think will happen in the race?

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

it will be a good race i think some will be cool others not so cool but somebody is gone win it can be ugly cool or not so cool.

Anonymous said...

Ive got no idea how Im going to make my carbot I guess Ill wing it

Anonymous said...

I think i will put some nitros or something so it can go faster.At the race i think that my carbot will win the race.

Anonymous said...

I think i will put the big tires because it goes more faster. I think we sould win with does tires

Anonymous said...

Well I would proably set up my carbot 8:24 because it goes the fastest of all i seen so far.Well i really dont know what to expect from the competition I hope i win thow.

Anonymous said...

I thing that I will make the carbot so fast.I thing that I will won the race.

Anonymous said...

race is a fun.You get to watch fast car and eat food

zws said...

i think this thing we are do ing is hard. i really dont like doing gers and axells. i think we are going to win the big race

jv said...

I will set up my car to go fast.And i hope we win the big race and hope will do well.

salvarado said...

bueno amy lo que me gusto fue que armamos los carritos como quisimos las llantitas?y nadamas fue lo que hisimos?

er said...

i think the thing we are doing is hard. i dont like doing axles and geers. i think we are going to win

mr said...

esta semana no me gusto nada
porque no le entendia nada a los
robots.

fm said...

esata semana no me gusto nada porque no le entendia nada a los robots.

tdn said...

i am going to set my robot with 40 axles and 24 gear. i think the race will be interesting!

ja said...

esta semana si me a gustado estar trabajando con los robot y estuvimos trabajando con los centimetros corriendo los robot.

acarrera said...

la semana pasada construimos un robot de diferentes maneras me gusto cuando mrs gisland nos dijo que el miercoles iva a ver una carrera.

yhernandez said...

bueno a mi me gusto mucho esta semana porque se me hizo muy facil el trabajo que estabamos haciendo.
tambien me gusto porque despues mi amiga y yo teniamos que ver de 2 diferents tipos de llantas para ver cuales corrian mas rapido.

phul said...

I think the big tire and little tire are the best conbination.
I think the my carboth are win.

cs said...

Esta semana hemos hecho hojas para la gran carrera dentro de poco tendremos una carrera y el ganador tendra un chocolate grandiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisimo.

ls said...

Esta semana el trabajo estubo muy dificil, por que tubimos que challenge el engine del robot. Estoy aprendiendo mas cosas en la clase de Mr. Geasland.

zr said...

El programa del robot es muy difil para hacer. Esta semana tuvimos que programar el robot con diferentes velocidades y tuvimos que hacer cambios de wheels.

sa said...

El programa del robot fue muy diferente esta semana. Tuvimos que programar el robot en diferentes velocidades y diferentes wheels.

zo said...

a mi me gusto porque yo trabaje el robots y porque trabaje yo sola y porque lo aprendi.

cb said...

it was ok but it broke the last minute

jcf said...

my car was realy good but we didnt win we won the third place.

es said...

I thing that I will make my carbot with lage wheels.And I thing that I wiil win the race.