Friday, April 23, 2010

Air Powered Dragster

This week we started building the dragster that you designed back before spring break. The idea is to take the concept (idea) of your car from the computer design and try to create it in real life.
This is how the engineering process works.
In creating your car you are going to move through a series of steps:
  1. Drawing the design onto the wood block
  2. Drilling the axle holes and any holes you need so you can remove wood from the center of your car.
  3. Using the scroll saw to rough out the design of your car.
  4. Using the files to round off all the edges and smooth out the car design.
  5. Smoothing out all the surfaces of the car with sandpaper (this takes a lot of work)
  6. Painting the car (I'm still not sure if I will have you actually do this step)
  7. Assembly of the wheels and axles
  8. Testing the car for speed and ease of movement.

Then we will actually race the car, which we will not about more later.

How is your car design coming?

22 comments:

sh:) said...

so far i have only done the holes where the wheel goes but other than that i think im doing good....?

mms said...

pretty good actually but i had to completely change my design. but I like my new design more anyways.

cv said...

My car is coming along fine but im pretty sure I messed up on the scroll saw.

deja.s said...

wow that is so cool a all ways wanted to do a dragster that is just so much fun and my car is going to be the ausomest car there is because i am going to follow all of the directoins.

ec said...

My car has been going really well. So far i have been working on putting the letters on it to design it but im almost done so i can get ready to cut in.

alondra v said...

wow that is so cool i always wanted to do a dragster that is just so much and my car is going to be the ausomest car there is because iam going to follow all of the directions?

L.F said...

its coming good so far but it still needs alot of work but am still going to get done by when its due

M.V said...

it comming out good but but it needs more detail but im gunna get it done

astotler091396 said...

it was hard to disine

achavez said...

I quess eveeythinq is cominq alrigth! for now

dtorres012896 said...

it is a hard to do but im just going to make it as in arrow

y.s said...

I havent started.

sierra said...

my car desing is going well but i kinda mess up when i was cutting it yesterday.

jpa said...

It looks good it is wavey .

JSG said...

It coming out ok.

bpt said...

My car was a bad thern up i axidentaly destroid it.

emfv said...

fun need to get more arodynamic strucure on mine

p.s. i've been working at home

cr said...

Its hard to draw aa design. It alot of trouble to know what to do.

JR7 said...

GREAT! I had a lot of trouble yesterday trying to find out what design to use. Finally I found it the perfect one and right when I drew it class was over. UGH! But today I will get the machine before anyone else. YEAH! I said it me first people!

achavez said...

so far i have only done the holes where the wheel goes but other than that i think im doing good....?

sws said...

its fun and intersting.

sg said...

My design was okay.