Friday, August 29, 2008

Working with the Palms

Now that you have finished with the 9 Faces assignment we have moved into working with the Palm T|X. These are PDAs, or personal digital assistants. That means that they are an electronic version of your agenda plus they can keep a list of your friends addresses, phone numbers, etc. You can also go on the Internet, store music and photos (although you can't take any pictures with them.)
When we first started using the Palms, cell phones were a lot simpler and were just starting to add some of these functions. Today's cell phones are basically replacing PDAs by adding all their functions. Cell phones can now do all of these things in addition to taking phone calls. Ten years ago a cell phone looked like a small brick and was about as heavy, but today they are the size of a credit card just a little thicker.
Think about the future for a minute. Five years from now a piece of technology that people use a lot will probably be almost gone because its been replaced by something better. What do you think will change in the future technology-wise? How will that affect your lifestyle?

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that lots of things will chang in over five years or more.

Anonymous said...

they will probably make new cell phones. Also they will probably make new laptops too. It really dont affect our lifestyle. They probably make also new types of things like robots and a new type of computer or computer screen.

Anonymous said...

I think that technology-wise will change will never change may be someday but it will change another time and day but not today.and that will not affect me that much but I think that it might affect other people but me.

Anonymous said...

I think that the technology in the future will change by having hollograms. When I say hollograms I mean having hollograms on cell phones, computers at school, and home phones. There should be built in hollograms and TV's in the tips of our shoes. It will make our lives much much easier. That is what I think will change in technology in the next five years.

Anonymous said...

I like to use cellphones, computers and other technology. I think that in five years it will be the sane and there will be more cool technology.

Anonymous said...

cars that culd gou under water

Anonymous said...

I think that five years from now the cellphones are going to change.They are going to make cool new phones. It will affect my life style because other people are going to have new phones.they are going to make fun of me.

Anonymous said...

ther will be sum glasses that will you can see the t.v and you will play games.

Anonymous said...

I would invent lost's of thangs and i don't know how it would changs my lifestyle.wat would you do.

Anonymous said...

i didn't like doing that because it was hard to do but i liked doing the piture part and it was real fun to do i love being in thas classroom because i just love this classroom i hope i be in this classroom next year.

Anonymous said...

i think that the newer phones would affect my life style

Anonymous said...

they will keep making better things to make life easier.

Anonymous said...

i think that the world well start be better because more high tech

Anonymous said...

I like working with the palms it was fun and cool

Anonymous said...

nine faces of me was funny and interesting because you make your picture like you want

Anonymous said...

technolgy is technolgy if they want to change what we use than we should let them change it and i will feel ok. it would not affact my lifestyle because it is there decinden

Anonymous said...

I LIKE ROBOTICS, I love robotics

Anonymous said...

the technology will be better and it have more hard things to do of our lifestyile.

Anonymous said...

Did sume blogger and did sume 9 Faces. And 9 Faces of me later we was doing network and. than when I was dune I was Typing speed. That what I did in Mr. Geasland class room.

Anonymous said...

working with palms is realy COOL because we can do fun things with them, we can post music, pictures and all that kind of stuff so yea working with then is realy cool....

Anonymous said...

well in the future theres going to be more better than this years teghnology because its going to be touch computers that talk and have diffrent letters on them?:)

Anonymous said...

I think futer tegnoliyg will chang alot! it will help peopol in nead....

Anonymous said...

I think the future will change alot.For example they might have somthing like a palm but more beter.It will change my life alot.

Anonymous said...

i think the future technology will change alot!for example, maybe it will be better and cooler...it will affect my lifestyle by...i dont know how it will change but i cant wait until the future because in the future cars and elactronics will be much better,maybe even cheap on the price!!!!im lucky 2 be young because when i grow older things will change alot!OoOoPs!!!! i changed the subject...but its okay because at least i shared something!

Anonymous said...

i think the tech. is going to be cooler in the future

Anonymous said...

I haven't finish my 9faces because i still have to write about them.

Anonymous said...

It will change a lot like robots . They will claen the home do your homework.

Anonymous said...

Well in 5 years, I think the new phone will be transplanet in your head, and it will voice cammand