Our first project is the Air Racer, which is half paper car, half paper airplane. The idea is to make it glide as far as you can across the floor. The trick to it is the airfoil that goes in the front on the bottom. By adjusting the air foil (changing the size of the gap in front or back) you can adjust the airflow. When the air flows over the air foil it creates "lift", this force will push the car up which reduces the effect that gravity has on the car.
In other words, it makes the car seem lighter so it doesn't drag on the floor as much. This allows the car to go farther with the same amount of starting effort. There is a whole technique to launching an air racer! The trick is to let go right when your arm is closest to the ground with a maximum amount of swing. I prefer to do it like a bowler. My instructor in the summer training preferred to launch it with his back turned. (He could move his arm faster that way.)
We are going to have our competition Monday to see how far you can get it to go. How are you doing with your Air Racer construction?
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
26 comments:
im actually having fun because a.t. n a.a. are always with me being dorks:) but other wise its ok.
all i have to do is color then put it together.
the air racer thing is really hard and i kept screwing up and i bet it didnt come out to well either. i had problems with the measurements.
i was not here this week.
I had some problems with the measuring other than that im doin good
i am not doing that well because i dont really know what to do but i will try my best.
the air racer is cool
the air racer is coming along fine it doesnt scoot very well thogh
Well i have a very great time SH we are alwayz been loud but mR geasland deont seem to care!LOL =] i love her she so Cool!!<3 no homo
I am doing awesome. It's not hard to do.:-)
it comin out ok but i dont how 2 put the bottum thing....
ohh woww.....this air racer thingy-whatever is.... hard?...if that would be the right word....
i like making the air racers. it is fun, and easy. i am almost done with mine. i just have to put it together.
I am doin good. I am already done. I think mine is going to win.
Iam kind of doing good but it is hard.I will try real hard to win the race.
well iam trying to finishe it but it to hard to do it. and also well i keep messing up and have to erase and it takes some time so yeah. and also ummm. well ummm dat all.
I am doing good on it.I'm done I just need to set it up and I will be done.
the air eraser is hard
the air racer was easy to build.
i'll try it at home against an paper air plane see which is better
i'm also using the weekend as a test drive for the racer to tell
the right piont as which to trough
and were the air fiol makes it faster.
Eh alright. I cant figer things out but i ask benjerman or elly they help me.But what i can do is a lil but i do it good so yea.It is kinda cool. But i really really doubt i will coloer it. IM not sad about it but it would be nice.
the air racer acctualy looked fun. it whas kool workin on it. i whud like to do this agen.
the air raicer is one of my favorit projects yet mostly because we did not use our books.
i am nide fimish the air racer because i am not finish.
this is a fun class i want 2 learn how 2 build a car .
The airracer project was so fun! I liked it alot. Mostly because we did not use our books.(I hate writing.)On my airracer I mostly spent all of my time on the drawing that was on the top of it.It was a rose. I thought it was so pretty! Anyways I loved the air racer and i hope we do something fun like that again!(Actually i hope we do something even funner!)
i had some problems doiong it and
mesuring it!
Post a Comment