Welcome to the 7th grade Gateway to Technology class. We've gotten started and are one week into the semester, which means that we've taken care of all the start of class/go over the rules stuff and barely gotten involved with all the material we cover during the semester. As you can tell from the website there is a whole lot of stuff that we are supposed to do! To be honest we probably won't we able to cover all of it, first semester didn't even come close.
We start off with talking about what technology is, then move into technical drawings (both on paper and using the computer AutoCAD program), this will take most of the third nine weeks. Don't worry this isn't Art class, technical drawings are similar but they are a whole different animal than what you are used to in Art. At the end of the nine weeks you will be drawing the designs for your compressed air-powered dragster and your mag-lev car(hopefully)
During the fourth nine weeks we learn about simple machines and construct the Goldberg device. The Goldberg device is where you design a compound machine that combines at least one of each of the simple machine types. (If you've ever played the game, Mousetrap, then you kind of get the idea. After we finish with that you fabricate (actually make and assemble) your dragster, which we race, and if there is time you fabricate your mag-lev car.
What do you think you will like the most about this class? What do you think you will like the least?
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
36 comments:
all i think i will like is making the cars and wat i wont like allready is typing master!!:P!!!
i think the best thing about this class will be the dragster and the worst will be typing master
This is fun i can't wait until the car these peolpe talk to much
we get to us the tools to mack the cares
i think i will like the compressed air-powered dragsters but the blue prints and cutting will be my least favorite tho.
the car will be my favorite part when we get to build it and the worst thing will have to be the photo shop because itz kind of boring
i am going to like building the cars and other things
Cant wait until we build then race the cars..... woo.. hoo... so excited...
i think the thing that i will like the most of this class is designing (scetching/drawing) the car and making the car also. what i think that will dislike the most is having to learn everything about it before we get to try it out.
i hate bloging but it gives me things to do instead of doing nothing in class. im not that very far in tmaster but i try to get far in it im on #2. i only type with my index, middle, or ring finger.
I like the dragster project.....
yay...whoopee!
I don't like blogging
I think I’m going to be fond of this course group. I have two close friends in this class, I can't wait for my birthday, January 30th. I can’t pass the time at all before we make the dragsters, it seems hard but fun. Although last year I was in tech, and I failed… Miserably. Well until next time,
Mms
i will like to make the car and design it. i will not like to have a lot of work
I don't think i will like this class. I'm not good at drawing things. In this class I think i will like being on the computer the most, I like to type. I think the thing I will like the least is the typing master. Mr.Geasland talks alot...
hey that was a good passage nice work keep up the good job and i would like the most about this class is the work it might be fun.
wht i would like about this class is the comptures.what i would like the least is doing the projects.
How hard is this going to be?
Fabiicating the mag-lev car.
Goldberg i've had 4 goldberg projects this year.
Thanks for the short info of stuff we might do in this class.
i like typing master. typing master helps me type on the keyboard. typing master is fun! i think im not guna like the goldberg project..
The most important thing i like to do in this class is tying master!
wat i like abt klazz iz dat we get 2 use the computer. burt the most thing iz dat we get to bild thing.
and that we get toplay on the computure.
the least thing iz dat mr. gesland talks alot. and it get anoying.
I will mostely like to make the cars.I will have fun with my friends. I LOVE THECHNALIGIES.I dont like homework.
I like typing master. it helps me learn the keys on the keyboard. it is really really really fun!!
I tink this class is intrustive.
because alike do all day's T master.
Making pawor points in the computer lab.Then mr.Geaslend talking alot. This to things i dont like doing is.Doing all the paper work.Taking home work home it taks my time.
I am glad that we have taken care of the start of classand gone over all of the rules! To me that stuff is ver boring! But i am willing to do my best, study hard and follow directions. Although I really do not like this class, Everything is worth a try and a second chance!
I Would like to make drawings in the computer that sound like fun
i like this class because i get to be in the computer
I like robotics so far i do think it is kind of hard even if we just started. i think my favorit activity is giong to be biulding the wooden cars. my least favorit activity is activity 1.1. The reason is I thought it was not very importent.
this is a great passage and the thing i want to learn in this classroom is i want to know the specials of technology.i want to know how its use into the world.i also want to know that what wedsites i can go to for my homework.all i know is that there is a website for people to learn.there is 1 more thing im intrusted in.i want to know how the computers work and how they can reach internet.well hopefully i can know what i want and explo the internet
1.3a was very informative for are class. i think the more slideshows you have less fun the class will be for everyone else.please do something soon or everyony will be off task.
i eould like making the car.and lerning new things.and lerning new things.
it would have 2 be making a car
one thing i wold realy need. if they took avery thing away would be my cell phone. because a cell phone can do a lot of stuf
i would like 2 learn how 2 build stuff.
I think i will like lerning new things and the car.and the least absult least is the TYPING MASTER.I hate ans dispise it with a pashon.Its kinda herd and RREEAALLYY BBOORREEIINNGG.:)
i kind of like tis class beacuse of typing master!And i think this house is fun!
Post a Comment